Cider and Wine Half Day Tour
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Hobart, Tasmania
- Product code: PNMP0W
HOMEHILL WINERY / PAGAN CIDER / WILLIE SMITHS ORGANIC CIDER / THE APPLE SHED.
See the FULL ITINERARY below:
1. After meeting your guide at the top of the ramp at Brooke Street Pier, we begin the day with a complimentary tea/coffee from one of Hobart's finest barista's at Bright Eyes over introductions. We'll discuss Hobart's infamous history dating back to 1803 and the role that alcohol played during settlement!
2. Home HIll Winery - 10 mins down the road in the small village of Ranleigh and set amongst an immaculate vineyard with stunning mountain views, Home HIll offers the prefect representation of Tasmanian cool climate wines. Famous for its pinot noir and chardonnay varieties, Home Hill has been producing award winning wines for more than 20 years. We will sample half a dozen wines and have a rare opportunity to walk through their vineyard.
3. Pagan Cider - We'll drive down to the spectacular Huon Valley taking in the sights before arriving at Pagan Cider House in Cygnet. Owner and creator, Harry Moses has a philosophy of celebrating the seasons, after spending just five minutes with the man you can’t help but be charmed by his passion for experimenting with flavours, maturation techniques and his desire to use Tasmania’s natural fruit bounty to it’s fullest.
4. Willie Smith's, The Apple Shed - The Apple Shed, owned and operated by Willie Smiths Organic Cider, tells the story of the valley, how apple orchards became integral to the area and the history of the Smith family legacy. We'll sit down to a full cider tasting paddle of Willie Smith's finest ciders from bone-dry to . Willie Smith's won Best Cider, Best Australian Cider and Best in Show at the Australian Cider Awards 2015, so they know what they're doing! Plus we'll have a look at their new distillery and taste some apple brandy. Fresh seasonal Tasmanian produce is available to purchase for lunch at the The Apple Shed from a selection of local producers. *Note lunch is not included in this tour price.
The tour will conclude back at the Lark Cellar Door where you're welcome to have afternoon drinks with the team and hear about the best restaurants and bars in Southern Tasmania.
When: Every Thursday and Saturday. Check the calendar for upcoming available dates. Approximately 4.5 hours.
Where to meet: Brooke St Pier, Franklin Wharf, Hobart, 9am. You will meet your guide at the top of the ramp, inside the glass doors.
End of Tour: approximately 1:45pm at Lark Cellar Door, 14 Davey St, Hobart (just 2 mins around the corner from Brooke Street Pier).
Number of guests per tour: maximum 11 guests per tour (contact us for information on larger groups). Minimum 4 guests.
What to bring: Please dress appropriately for the occasion, while it may appear warm in Hobart, the weather can change throughout the day, so please ensure to bring warm clothes, comfortable shoes and your camera!
Please note, while this is our usual itinerary, the order may change slightly due to industry operations. Start times are fixed, however end of tour times can change slightly depending upon traffic and other factors.